Friday, February 11, 2011

Introduction and Background in Historical Studies

Hello and welcome, I am Chris Bennett. I am majoring in secondary education and will graduate in the spring of 13. I was a secondary education major and preparing to enter the block this semester but decided to take one more semester of history courses so I could get both degrees. My favorite area of study is the Westward expansion of America and U.S. in the frontier.

Courses in which I am currently enrolled are:
-- Hst 300: The Black Atlantic
-- Hst 342: U.S. West 20th Century
-- Hst 408: Civil War & Reconstruction
-- Hst 456: The Vietnam War
-- Pos 310: American National Government

History courses that I have taken in the past include
-- Hst 341: U.S. West 19th Century
-- Hst 367: Modern Britain
-- Hst 102: Western Civilization through the Middle Ages
-- Hst 103: Western Civilization Middle Ages - 1789
-- Hst 109: U.S. to 1870
-- Hst 110: U.S. 1870-Present

I thought this class would be interesting as it deals with the slave trade from a different perspective than I have ever studied and that most people have probably ever studied.

A little about me is probably appropriate. I went back to school at age 24 after a 5 and a half year vacation of running backhoes and other heavy machinery in California. I will graduate exactly 10 years after I graduated high school and plan to become certified to teach in History and English. I also would like to get into coaching football and track after I settle in.

I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment